Changes Are Coming!
Community Hope Federal Credit Union will merge with Cobalt Credit Union October 1, 2019. Cobalt Credit Union is a not-for-profit, member-owned credit union, federally insured by NCUA and an Equal Housing Lender. All member accounts will become accounts at Cobalt Credit Union. Because Cobalt Credit Union is member-owned, they are focused on the best interests of their customers. For questions about the merger, please review the information below, or call us at (402) 476-0376.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What does a merger mean? Cobalt Credit Union and Community Hope FCU are combining resources to provide an overall better banking experience. Cobalt Credit Union has been serving members for 73 years. We are federally insured by NCUA and are an equal housing lender. You now have access to products and services such as extended branch and call center hours, a more robust website with free on-line banking, free bill pay, free debit cards, mortgages and home equity loans, business banking services, and Visa credit cards.
- How will the merger benefit me as a member? Cobalt Credit Union is a full service financial provider and will be able to offer Community Hope FCU members products and services they did not have access to prior to the merger. Examples include extended branch and call center hours, a more robust website with free on-line banking and video banking, free bill pay, free debit cards, mortgages and home equity loans, business banking services, and Visa credit cards.
- What safeguards are in place to ensure my money is secure during the transition? Cobalt Credit Union has been serving members for 73 years. We are an Iowa State credit union with over $1 billion in assets, we are federally insured by NCUA, and are an equal housing lender.
- Will my account number change? Yes, all of your account numbers will change and will be transferred to like products that Cobalt Credit Union currently offers. The new account numbers will be sent to the Community Hope members in mid-September, 2019.
- Will any of the products I have change? Yes. All of your existing products will be transferred to like products that Cobalt Credit Union currently offers. If you’d like new checks please call or stop by one our Lincoln branches to order new checks and to inquire about our debit card.
- Will my account be unavailable during the transition? Your checking, loan, and share account will transition smoothly. You will want to notify your employer and your account providers with a new routing and account numbers once the merger is complete on October 1, 2019. Cobalt Credit Union’s routing number is 304083448. Community Hope’s online banking will be disabled on September 30, 2019, and you will need to enroll in Cobalt’s online banking on October 1, 2019 at cobaltcu.com.
- Will my scheduled transfers, automatic payments, and direct deposits continue without interruption during the transition? Once the transition has been completed on October 1, 2019, you’ll be required to set-up new recurring payments using Cobalt online banking. You will need to change your automatic bill payments with your new Cobalt Credit Union account number and routing number. You should continue to make all loan payments on their scheduled date. NOTE: If you currently have multiple distributions from your direct deposits, you will need to set these up on your Cobalt online banking website or mobile app.
- Will there be fee increases? The banking fees of Cobalt Credit Union and Community Hope FCU do have slight differences. Please see your disclosed fee schedule from Community Hope FCU and compare it to Cobalt Credit Union’s Fee Schedule that was mailed to you for reference. Also, the Cobalt Credit Union fee schedule can be found on our website – cobaltcu.com.
- What access will I have to branch locations? There will be no disruption in hours at the 1625 N Street location. Cobalt’s other Lincoln branch inside the Walmart at 2500 Jamie Lane is also open to serve you with extended hours from 9am – 7pm Monday – Friday; 9am – 5pm on Saturday & 11am – 4pm on Sunday.
- Who can I contact if I need further assistance? You can stop by either Lincoln branch during banking hours or call the Cobalt Credit Union contact center at 402-292-8000 or 800-228-0392. Please visit cobaltcu.com for all branch and call center hours.
1625 N Street, Suite A, Lincoln, NE 68508
Stop by during our business hours:
Monday through Thursday: 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
Friday: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
If these hours are inconvenient, call us for an appointment.
We can be reached at our main telephone line: 402-476-0376
Or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope to see you soon!